Quanah,

> <mark.martinec+ama...@ijs.si> wrote:
> > Now in the 2.7.0, in addition to the above, it became possible to
> > call SpamAssassin more than once per message. See description
> > of settings @sa_userconf_maps and @sa_username_maps
> > in the recent RELEASE_NOTES. Recipients of a message may
> > specify individual SA user configuration files. If this happens,
> > SpamAssassin is called once for each cluster of same-config-file
> > and same-username (i.e. username for Bayes checks).
> > This does not come cheap, you pay the price of saving current
> > SpamAssassin settings and loading a new set, and calling it
> > for each group -  so use this sparingly, only if really necessary.
> > Unlike the per-recipient @*_maps described above, which
> > cost almost nothing (apart from substantial programming effort).
>
> This sounds to be something very different than I ever desired.  What we
> modified amavis for was adding an additional SA ".cf" file that applied to
> all users, i.e., an overall administrative policy if you will.  This sounds
> more like something that allows users to adjust their configurations, which
> is quite different, and it sounds like it requires both @sa_username_maps
> and @sa_userconf_maps to be set for it to work.  I just need to be able to
> say to use the additional .cf file for all mail, regardless of user.  Is
> there a way to do that, or do I need to continue to patch amavisd for that
> functionality?

I believe that just having a global @sa_userconf_maps seting with a
fixed string (a 'constant'-type lookup table) achieves what you need:

  @sa_userconf_maps = ( '/etc/my_user_prefs.cf' );

If you do not change this setting by a policy bank and do not
specify per-user lookup tables, there is no additional performance
hit apart from the loading of the extra config file at the child
process startup. I don't think this is unlike your suggestion,
but I may be wrong. Please try it.