> On Jan 31, 2016, at 9:49 PM, listsb-ama...@bitrate.net wrote:
>

>> On Jan 31, 2016, at 23.07, @lbutlr <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:
>>
>> I get daily mails from wordpress verifying backups and these are all tagged
>> as spam (at a very high score in the 7-13 range).
>>
>> How do I train amavis? Do i just run  normal sa-learn as root? As the user?
>> as the scan user?
>
> you don't train amavis.  you train spamassassin.  they are two different
> pieces of software, which work well together.  while training spamassassin is
> good to do regardless of if you are having a problem or not, blindly training
> it to solve a specific problem is not a sensible approach.

I ma not blindling trainmen it. i wam training false positives as ham.

What I need to know is what user to train them as so that amavis will use the
bases database that I am training to.

They all hit BAYES_99 and BAYES_999, some hit other rules as well.

HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS,NO_RELAYS,TVD_SPACE_RATIO,TVD_SPACE_RATIO_MINFP
        autolearn=no autolearn_force=no version=3.4.1

> instead, look at the *actual* scoring the message was given [X-Spam-Status
> header], and see which rule[s] are the ones which significantly contributed
> to the score.

Yes, that’s what I’ve done.

> then you can determine the right way to solve the problem.

Training falsely classified mail is *always* a good idea.

The question still remains, do I train SA as root, as the user (which is a
problem for most of the users since they are virtual users in a database) or as
the vscan user?

That is to say:

sa-learn -u *WHAT* --ham /path/to/ham

--
Stone circles were common enough everywhere in the mountains. Druids
built them as weather computers, and since it was always cheaper to