On 2018-09-19 14:15, Vitali Quiering wrote:

I already got the forward_method, socket_bind and inet_acl setup
correctly. The problem I’m facing now is the ip that amavis sees and
wants to send the result to. This is the haproxy ip address which of
course doesn’t work.

The problem is, IIRC, that haproxy doesn't send XFORWARD - it sends its own variant, supported by Postfix.

So AFIAK you need Postfix in front the preserve the IP.

You could in theory have postfix do the balancing between the multiple amavis servers (content filters), with a randomized lookup table, personally I just have a postfix in front of every amavis instance.

--
Tom