----- Mail original -----

I don't think we should specify a query scheme, it seems more future proof to
only provide a way to expose all serializers (resp deserializer) and let the
serialization library provides their own annotations / do the selection on top
of what we expose.

so the JDK will only provide @Serializer/@Deserializer and an hypothetical JSON
library will provide @JsonFormat to indicate a supplementary way of selection

   @Serializer @JsonFormat(selector = “binary”)
   public pattern Color(int colorValue) { … }

   @Serializer @JsonFormat(selector = “text”)
   public pattern Color(int r, int g, int b) { … }

Rémi