----- Mail original -----

It's not fully binary compatible because:
- a record is final (and static for internal class)
- a record inherits from j.l.Record
- a record requires the canonical constructor to be public
- a record has a special serialization if it implements Serializable
- a record is self reflective (isRecord()/getComponents()).

So moving from a class to a record is mostly binary compatible if the class is
not Serializable, doesn't inherits from another class and has no subclass.
Moving from a record to a class is not binary compatible.

> With best regards,
> Tagir Valeev.

Rémi