This will not solve the problem of Maurizio for sub-patterns but i like it.

We don't have to later transform the warning to an error, keeping it as a
warning can be annoying enough to force people to change their code (or
ALT-ENTER + CTRL+1 ont it).

> Legacy switches are those whose operand type is one of the "classic" types and
> all labels are constant labels or "default".

> For a switch that is deliberately non-exhaustive, all the user has to do to
> capture this (and shut up the compiler) is:

> default: break;
"default:" should be enough no ?

> which is not very intrusive, and arguably makes the code more readable anyway.
> Users will see a speed bump when upgrading to pattern switches (clippy will
> tell them "I see you're writing a pattern switch, don't forget to end it with
> default:break") which presumably they will quickly internalize.

> (How's that for teaching an old dog new tricks?)
I think we should tackle "default" not being at the end the same way.

Rémi