Brian explicitly ask me to not talk about invokedynamic so i will not say that
there is already an existing protocol between invokedynamic and a user defined
implementation, it's the bootstrap method,

Let's talk about the elephant in the room: macro.
Templated Strings as currently defined is indiscernible from a hygienic String
based macro system [1].

Using javac as an API (like jshell does), it seems trivial to come with
something like EVAL."\(a) + \(b)" being able to evaluate at runtime any Java
expressions.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

RĂ©mi

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygienic_macro