----- Original Message -----

I agree that we should do something to support GADTs

The instanceof example is not a source backward compatible change, remember
that instanceof is not a preview feature.

The main objection to that is that we do not have flow scoping for local
variables but we have it for type variables which is weird.
I wonder if we can come with an explicit syntax for it, the same way instanceof
String s is an explicit syntax for local variables.

By example, something like
  return switch (n) {
    case A<T> n -> n.t;
    case B n -> n.s as T=String;