Am 24.08.2016 um 11:33 schrieb zhoucm1:

On 2016年08月18日 16:15, Christian König wrote:
NAK to the whole approach.

If we want to share dependencies in the form of fences between devices and especially processes we must use android fences and the sync file framework.
Then if we want to share semaphore between devices and processes, we must re-implement semaphore and move it to kernel side from libdrm, right?
then bind unused fd to semaphore object, and then export/import fd.
What do you think of it?

That is basically what sync_file does. It just doesn't call it semaphore and doesn't use the signal/wait semantic.

Instead fences can be added to a sync_file and waited for completion before a command submission is made.

Regards,
Christian.

Regards,
David Zhou

Sharing numbers in the form of the IDR is a security nightmare we already ran into with the GEM flink design.

Regards,
Christian.