Am 18.05.2017 um 10:17 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
[SNIP]
One thing that might help would be if we could swap individual memory
nodes between visible and invisible VRAM for CPU page faults, instead of
moving/evicting whole BOs. Christian, do you think something like that
would be possible?
I've looked into this while working on splitting VRAM allocations into smaller nodes and the answer is nope, not at all.

We would pretty much need to rewrite whole TTM from BO based to page based. Otherwise you just have way to much overhead with all those ttm objects around.

And when we really want this step I would rather wait for HMM to land and use that instead.

Christian.