Hi Jerry,

Am 05.06.2018 um 03:50 schrieb Zhang, Jerry (Junwei):
[SNIP]

Can you check if the problem also vanishes when you disable the following
optimization in amdgpu_vm_update_ptes?
                /* We don't need to update PTEs for huge pages */
                if (entry->huge)
                        continue;
Just comment this out for a test.

Thanks to point it out.
That indeed works well too.

The issue happened by missing to update PTE for reserved PRT range, if huge page is introduced.

Not sure if below change is expected to save the huge page for PRT support. That updates the huge page and fills the correct PTE for PRT as well, different from current fix patch.
{{{
                /* We don't need to update PTEs for huge pages */
-               if (entry->huge)
+               if (entry->huge && !(flags & AMDGPU_PTE_PRT))
                        continue;

}}}

problem is that not only affects PRT, but all mappings.

See the patch here if you currently can't receive mails from amd-gfx: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/227336/

Essentially I made a wrong assumption in the clear all code path. Please also note that I hadn't time to fully test this patch yet.

Christian.

Jerry