Am 12.10.2018 um 18:56 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
On 2018-10-11 12:09 a.m., Bhawanpreet Lakha wrote:
From: David Francis <david.fran...@amd.com>

[Why]
A quick-and-dirty way of getting performance data for the amdgpu
driver would make performance improvements easier

[How]
The PERF_TRACE functionality is a tic-toc style debug method.
Put PERF_TRACE calls on either side of the code you want to test.
PERF_TRACE requires access to struct dc_context.  PERF_TRACE()
will pick up the CTX macro, and PERF_TRACE_CTX(struct dc_context)
allows you to pass the context explicitly.

The last 20 results can be read through the debugfs entry
amdgpu_perf_trace.  Each result contains the time in ns and
number of GPU read/writes since the result before it.

In my experimentation, each PERF_TRACE() call uses at most 700ns
Should this use the Linux tracing infrastructure?

Yeah, agree that looks like reimplementing the tracing infrastructure to me as well.

Christian.