On 26/07/2022 08:46, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
Hi

Am 25.07.22 um 19:14 schrieb Christian König:
Am 25.07.22 um 17:27 schrieb Tvrtko Ursulin:

On 24/07/2022 19:28, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
Hi

Am 22.07.22 um 17:47 schrieb Christian König:
Hi Tvrtko,

scratching my head what exactly is going on here.

I've build tested drm-tip a couple of test in the last week and it always worked flawlessly.

It looks like that some conflict resolution is sometimes not applied correctly, but I have no idea why.

It worked last week, but must have been reintroduced meanhwile.
Please fetch the latest drm-tip and rebuild. The attached config produces the error on my system.

What is the status with this? I hit a conflict on an implicated file just now trying to rebuild drm-tip:

Unmerged paths:
  (use "git add/rm <file>..." as appropriate to mark resolution)
        deleted by us: drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vram_mgr.h

I had an other i915 conflict to solve and as grep amdgpu_vram_mgr.h drivers/gpu/drm/amd produced nothing I just did a git rm on it and pushed the resolution.

Let me know if I broke something, re-broke something, or whatever.. Build of amdgpu certainly still looks broken on my end, both before and after me rebuilding drm-tip so maybe I just preserved the breakage.

It looks like that somehow re-broke, but I'm not sure how.

I've fetched drm-tip on Friday at around 1pm CET and build it and that worked perfectly fine.

Essentially the status of drm-misc-next for the following files should be carried on in drm-tip:

drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_ttm.h
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_res_cursor.h
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vram_mgr.c
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vram_mgr.h

I've reset these files to their state as in drm-misc-next and updated drm-tip. It appears to be working again from what I could test locally. Please try at your earliest convenience.

Builds for me now - thank you!

Regards,

Tvrtko