I have successfully written a couple of forth words keypad? and keypad
that use i2c (PCF8574A) and an interrupt to tell me if/what key has
been pressed on my keypad. This is currently completely independent of
the keyboard buffer. What I would like to do is to take the value that
would placed on the data stack by keypad and instead insert it into the
keyboard buffer.

I hope then to take advantage of a recogniser to view (say) 350*700 as
an xy coordinate and finally free my cnc (assisted) xy table from its
umbilical connection to my computer. I am sure it can be done without
this, but to do so seems like going in the wrong direction.

The internals of the keyboard buffer and recognisers are new areas for
me so I would grateful for any hints as to where to start.

Kind regards and thanks,
Tristan