Hi all,
would like to try running amforth on one of the new AVR processors, the
AVR128DA48 to be exact. A Curiosity Nano board turned up this week and I'm
keen to give it a try.

Am a total newb with regards to amforth and forth in general but have
plenty of AVR programming experience, both in C and assembler. Have looked
through the User and Technical Guides but not found an answer to my
question:

How do you define a new AVR8 chip within amforth?

I have looked through the files under /avr8/devices/atmega* e.g.
device.asm, device.inc etc. They all claim to be "generated automatically".
I have not been able to find where the automatic generation is performed.
Is anyone able to point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
Stephen