From: Fred
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:03 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Help for a thicko please.

In your loop this and other components like this would appear to be
problematic ...

LLV(z[i],5)

LLV operates on an array, not on an individual element of an array ...

You could calculate something like ...

LLV5 = LLV(z, 5)

Prior to the loop and then check

LLV5[i] in the loop ...

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "David Jennings"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm very new to AmiBroker and having a conceptual problem with the
coding language.

> I've implemented some code based on an alertif. However, I now want
to extend it to do several additional things when the alert is
triggered e.g. write to a file, plot shapes on the screen dependent
on type of alert etc etc. Thus have described a loop in order to
implement an if then else

> I'm sure it's patently obvious - here is what I have so far
>
> _SECTION_BEGIN ("Test");
> z = CCI(14);
> LSMA = LinearReg(C, 21);
> EMA34 = EMA(C,34);
> test2 = False;
> // this alert works fine
> AlertIf ( HHV(z,5) < 0 AND
>  LLV(z, 5) < -100  AND Ref(z,-1) >-100 AND z < (Ref(z,-1)-5) AND Ref
(z,-1) > Ref(z,-2)
>  AND z >-130 AND C < EMA34 AND EMA34 < Ref(EMA34,-1) AND C < LSMA
AND LSMA < Ref(LSMA,-1) ,
>   "SOUND C:\\Program Files\\Ahead\\Nero\\Trumpet1.wav", "Audio
alert", 1 );

> // this gives error 6:
>
> for (i = 34; i < BarCount; i++)
> {
> if (LLV(z[i],5) >0 AND  HHV(z[i], 5) > 100  AND z[i-1] <100 AND z
[i] > z[i-1]+5 AND z[i-1] < z[i-2]
>  AND z[i] <130 AND C[i]> EMA34[i] AND EMA34[i] > EMA34[i-1] AND C
[i] > LSMA[i] AND LSMA[i] > LSMA[i-1])
> {
> test2 = True;
> AlertIf(test, "SOUND C:\\Program
Files\\Equis\\MetaStock\\Experts\\STB.wav", "Audio alert", 2 );
> }
> test2 = False;
> }
>
> _SECTION_END();
>
> Grateful for a pointer in the correct direction

SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS