Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:15 PM
Subject: [amibroker] ADX’ers – Riddle me this

Hi all

I noticed recently that often +DI & -DI both DECREASE on the day
a possible entry is signalled, by price action or another indicator.
(See the attachment)
This is not always the case as shown here but it appears to be much more
than just a coincidence.
Anyone have any insights?

It does happen on other occaisions – Could this perhaps be used as an
indication of trend strength, usable when holding a position?

I am aware that one of the ADX nuances is to look for an entry when the
ADX is above both the +DI and –DI.

Regds
Gerard
--