While you cant use foreign to access AAPL-EOD, you can store 65days avg as a separate ticker using addtocomposite function.
and use foreign to access the ema value directly.

From: amibroker@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Jarvis
Sent: Sunday, 2 July 2006 9:07 PM
To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [amibroker] Foreign() question

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following problem:

I'm trying to use a 65 day average in an intraday database.  Problem is that I don't (and generally won't) have 65 days worth of data.  I'm using IB as an intraday data source.  At the moment, I have a separate EOD database.

I understand that you can't mix EOD & intraday data unless you're using E-Signal or Marketcast.

I'm trying to figure out a way of accessing the EOD 65 day average in the intraday database.  I suspect I "could" do it via a script or ActiveX, but have no idea where to start, since I'd have to change databases, etc.

I have also tried importing EOD data under a separate ticker name (e.g. AAPL-EOD) into the intraday database and then using setforeign() to access this ticker, but Amibroker only sees the EOD data for as long as I have intraday data ( e.g. if I have only 45 days of intraday data, it only sees 45 days of 'AAPL-EOD' data, even if there's 20 years of data in there) and so I can't calculate the 65 day average off this ticker.

Thanks,

Mark

SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

http://www.amibroker.com/support.html