Hello,

>From your message "I get error messages telling me that it couldn't connect
>with TWS or something like that"
it seems that you are very beginner and you should not use auto-trading at all.

The message is normal and means that TWS is not running in parallel or not
configured.
It is described in the Read Me file. The read me file is a bit technical for
purpose.
Our intention is to provide this interface only for advanced users.

It is not about the software (automatic trading interface) - it won't
accidentially place orders by itself.

It is about you and your formula coding skills - the auto-trading interface
is an interface that allows to place orders programmatically from the formula
level.
It works well but it is up to you to write formula that controls placing orders.

It is up to your formula what orders will be placed and when.

So you definitelly NEED to know how to write (program) formulas.

If you have no knowledge about formula writing - don't use automatic trading
interface.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com