Hello Osgem,

I am glad the 'Padding' helped with your chart display.

I attach an AFL file that will Plot the price array for the composite index. I have added volume into the code as you requested and also the choice to plot either gross composite values or average symbol values using a counter slotted into the price array field "I". For the fun of it, I have glossed-up the background color and given you the ability to vertically scale the volume - courtesy of Amibroker's functionality and the code sharing of the Amibroker community.

You will need to run a scan of this AFL file each time you use it and then plot the artificial symbol "~MyIndex" from the Formula Editor window. This code should be enough for you to fly solo from hereon in.

I repeat the code below in case you don't receive emails from this Group. Watch out for word wrap if you copy and paste.

Good luck,

Regards,

Gordon  Sutherland

// ATC AFL code to create a Price Array of Index and incorporating volume

 // Created by Gordon Sutherland 27th August 2006 for Osgem - Amibroker(at)YahooGroups.com

AddToComposite( L , "~MyIndex" , "L" );

AddToComposite( O , "~MyIndex"  , "O" );

AddToComposite( H , "~MyIndex"  , "H" );

AddToComposite( C , "~MyIndex"  , "C" );

AddToComposite( V/1000 , "~MyIndex"  , "V" ); // Divide by 1000 to avoid overflow

AddToComposite( 1 , "~Counter" , "I"); // Counts the number of symbols

NoSym = Foreign("~Counter","I");

Buy = 0;

// Make Composite Price Array an Average of Symbols:

PlotOHLC(O/NoSym,H/NoSym,L/NoSym,C/NoSym,"Close",colorDefault,ParamStyle("Style",styleCandle,maskAll));

//Plot(Close,"Close",colorDefault,ParamStyle("Style",styleCandle,maskAll));//Alternative Gross composite values

// Parametize and include Volume in Price Panes using proportional height and color coding of volume bars 10th October 2005

Color = IIf( C > Ref(C, -1), ParamColor("Up Color", colorGreen ), ParamColor("Down Color", colorRed ) ); // Dan Clark's line of code

Plot( Volume/NoSym, "Avg VolK" , Color,ParamStyle( "Style for Volume in K", styleHistogram | styleOwnScale | styleThick , maskHistogram  ),

            Param("1/n Height", 8, 1, 10, 0.25 ) );

// Gloss-up the background to the Chart using Amibroker's powerful functions:

SetChartBkColor(IIf(Interval()>2160000, colorPaleTurquoise, IIf(Interval()==432001 , colorPaleGreen, colorLightGrey))); //TinTin's Line of Code

SetChartBkGradientFill( ParamColor("BgTop", colorWhite),ParamColor("BgBottom", colorLightGrey)); //this line added in AB Version 4.83.0

_N(Title = Name()+"  \\c29" + _DEFAULT_NAME() + "  " + Interval(format=2) + "  "+Date() + " {{OHLCX}}" +

            "\\c19  Avg Symbol Volume/1000 = " + V/NoSym );