Hi Yuki,

I like to jump onto new things and try picking up as I go along.  I
know of a paper trader who's been paper-trading for two years now; I'm
the opposite from such a stance.

I think you brought up a valid point in that investors like me should
hide in the crowd and not stand out.  I will definitely explore the
dollar-volume approach and filter out low-liquid stocks.(I've been
increasing my minimum volume thereby increasing the dollar-volume but
I am still far from 10-million dv you proposed.)

Thank you again for your great advice.

intermilan04

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, Yuki Taga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi intermilan04,
>
> It's not a race.  Relax, be patient, and you will see how the game
> works.  The game is an exquisite balance of disciplined patience,
> patience to the point of boredom and beyond, and the need to
> instantly recognize when it's time, finally, to not be patient
> another minute.
>
> The boredom should outweigh the action, by far.
>
> As for money running out before you learn ... there is always paper
> trading.  It has its obvious drawbacks however (too easy to pull the
> trigger; too difficult to experience the genuine psychological agony
> of a mistake that is really impacting your bottom line), but losing
> money is not one of them.
>
> Just remember, you are the prey -- not just when you are new at the
> game, but almost always and forever.  Do something visible -- I mean
> make a big splash -- and I guarantee the piranha, the sharks, the
> T-Rex's and the like, will immediately notice you, and zero in on you
> like you are diner.  These are smart weapons with a very, very low
> failure rate.  You don't want to be spotted by one of them.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Yuki
>
> Thursday, August 31, 2006, 12:48:36 PM, you wrote:
>
> i> Yuki,
>
> i> I'm not disagreeing with you that I shouldn't be trading in such a
> i> market.  I'm already implementing measures so I can avoid them in
> the
> i> future.
>
> i> It's live&learn.  The race is on...one's money running out before
> one
> i> can learn, or otherwise :-)
>
> i> --- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi intermilan04,
> >>
> >> Thursday, August 31, 2006, 11:57:29 AM, you wrote:
> >>
> >> i> Hi Yuki,
> >>
> >> i> There are stocks, low-cap stocks where 900 shares buy order
> >> overnight
> >> i> is actually huge.  I'm not saying 100% that my stock of today was
> >> i> indeed the case...I do have a reason to believe it was, but it's
> >> hard
> >> i> to convince others without naming the ticker.
> >>
> >> Believe me, no one cares about the ticker.  ^_^  You should not be
> >> trading in such a market.  The fact that this discussion is taking
> >> place makes that painfully obvious.  I'm sorry.
> >>
> >> Think of it this way:  You are going to make bad trades.  (Everyone
> >> does, of course.)  When you recognize you have made a bad trade, you
> >> are going to want to get out.  Right then.
> >>
> >> If you were pretty much the only buyer when you went in, I can assure
> >> you that you will pretty much be the only seller when you want to get
> >> out.  You will get skinned both ways.
> >>
> >> i> Now, I am already working toward avoiding those because I
> >> obviously do
> >> i> not want my order to cause a gap-up in the morning.  Simple
> >> approach
> >> i> is to buy more expensive stocks, and/or to buy stocks with higher
> [...]

SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

Yahoo! Groups Links