To elaborate a bit, when using this information on trendlines (i.e.,
use of trough and peak) -- http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/04-
2000.html ...

... is this safe to use in a system, as long as the system is not
backtested using trough and peak within this trendline break code?
Or should I abstain from using trough and peak in this system
altogether? Or , is it safe to use trough and peak in this bit of
code, since it will not affect the backtested performance of this
particular system?

Thanks,

Brian

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "brpnw1" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been tinkering with several different methods for
> automatically generating trendlines on both price charts and
within
> indicators, and then coding buy/sell signals based on trendline
> breaks.
>
> Problem is, every single one of these methods references future
> quotes. I am not into drawing trendlines by hand (and then using
> lines studies in AB, etc.) due to the time involved to do this --
> definitely need something that is more automatic. I need to
> integrate trendline breaks in with an automated system (cannot use
> future quotes).
>
> Since in order for a trendline to be created, only two previous
high
> or low points need to be joined together in a line, I'm confused
as
> to why this requires future quotes to create -- since the two
points
> to create the line appeared in the past.
>
> Am I missing something? Better yet, is there a method for doing
this
> that is reliable, automated, and does not use future quotes? I
> already know the answer -- just need confirmation before I give up
> looking for it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com