I do not know if this can be done, but I hope someone can offer some advice or point to some messages....

I want to track ATCs of most ETFs which number well over 100.  True, some are probably much less important now but as ETF use grows and as more varieties emerge, then the number of "popular" ones is sure to grow.

I have been thinking how to organize to do this, and the only obvious approach (short of an instantaneous update of the program to increase the number of Watchlists) is to popular the Industry set with the ETF members.

I see Industry slot from 0 to 100 or whatever, each named for the symbol of the ETF and containing the holdings of the ETF.  I have read (and reread) the "Organization of the database" and it appears that this will be possible, although I am not certain.

Also, it seems like some of the scripts which have been written to populate normally named industries and sectors will have to be modified (how I do not know yet).

What is your assessment of this approach?

Do you have other suggestions?

Can you point me to any scripts that I could use(modify) for my purpose?

Thanks for any assistance.

Ken

SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

Software support Small business finance Business finance online
Business finance training Business finance course