this automatically sizes the trade for current equity in a backtest (at least I think it is correct)

positionsize = -2*margindeposit/((BuyPrice - SL)*pointvalue);
This is 2% of backtest equity adjusted for the risk of the trade, which is the (trade price/loss in real dollars) per contract

You cannot get directly the number of contracts for current portfolio backtest equity as this is only known during the second pass of the portfolio backtest.

--
Cheers
Graham