   From:    nasdaq trader
   To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
   Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 6:35    PM
   Subject: Re: [amibroker] bar  counter

Thanks Bill. I can get the bar count in the commentary window    using the
range markers

x=EndValue(BarIndex()) - BeginValue(BarIndex    ());
writeval(x);

I did not assign any studyID (and assigning a    studyID did not make any
difference). Is there any way to get the beginning    and ending BarIndex for a
trendline( that has a studyID of  say "AA")    without using the range marker
bars ?

Best    regards,
-VJ

wavemechanic    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
     There are a number of ways to go but one is      to draw the trendline
with the trendline charting tool, assign a study id to      it, and then use
the range marker bars to define the beginning and end      of the line.  At
that point, the number of bars is      simply:

     endvalue(barindex()) -      beginvalue(barindex())

     Bill