Okay, I am making some good progress. 

I use the following line to extract a portion of the ATC name

MidSym = StrMid(Symbol, 1, 2);
I have it offset by 1 character to remove the ~ (tilde?).

Now I am stumped in that I can't figure out how to use the WriteIf
function:

MSymbol = WriteIf( MidSym="GM", "^GSPC", "^NDX");
I get an error here .....................^
something about incorrect type

MSymbol will be a variable that contains my market index symbol based
on which ATC code I have currently selected.

if ATC name is ~NDX005MA
my MidSym returns ND
and I want MSymbol to be assigned ^NDX so it will plot the Nasdaq 100
Index.

Likewise if MidSym is GM then plot ^GSPC (SP500)
and if MidSym is RU then plot ^RUT (Russell 2000)
etc.

So if some kind soul can give me a hint as how to perform string
comparison and an if-then coding I would be grateful.

MM


Reply via email to