Thanks Paul!

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Paul Ho 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 10:31 PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Limit number of shares per symbol?


  You can do it two ways
  1. Custom Backtester - which does keep the no of shares for you. just use 
backtester object to find the open position until it matches the symbol and 
then you can read the current shares in trade
  2. Another way is to keep the share size yourself, using the following
  buysize = shares * (buy == 1 || buy == sigscalein) // shares is an array of 
buy size
  sellsize = shares *(sell || buy == sigscaleout) // you have to make sure that 
shares has  correct value when sell = 1
  holding = cum(buysize) - cum(sellsize);
  if you dont know what shares to sell when there is a sell signal then
  sellsize = shares * (buy == sigscalout)
  and  just add the following after holding is defined.
  sellsize = iif(sell, holding, sellsize); // so all in holding are sold , this 
is defining sellsize the second time;
  holding = cusm(buysize) - cum(sellsize); // doing it once more.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of 
cstrader
    Sent: Wednesday, 10 September 2008 11:44 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [amibroker] Limit number of shares per symbol?



    Well, OK, I see that.  But what if I try to scale in using sigscalein?  I 
guess I need to know how to determine the current number of owned shares in the 
symbol in order to determine how many more I can buy.  Is there a variable that 
specifies the current number of owned shares?




      ----- Original Message ----- 
      From: Paul Ho 
      To: [email protected] 
      Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 9:34 PM
      Subject: RE: [amibroker] Limit number of shares per symbol?


      if shares is what you normally work out to be what you buy
      shares = .....
      setpositionsize(min(shares, 500), spsShares);



------------------------------------------------------------------------
        From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of 
cstrader
        Sent: Wednesday, 10 September 2008 10:22 AM
        To: [email protected]
        Subject: [amibroker] Limit number of shares per symbol?


        Dumb question I'm sure, but what's the best way to limit the maximum 
number 
        of shares per symbol in the backtester?

        (for instance, only allow a maximum of 500 shares even if there's cash 
for 
        more)

        Thanks 




   

Reply via email to