I ran into this problem years ago. I had many parameters and edited them a lot while developing my system. About 10% of the times I would apply an edit, ALL my parameters would be reset as if I had clicked on the "Reset all" button in the parameters window. I believe it was more likely to happen if I had edited a parameter statement.
It was such a problem for my systems development that I went on quite a long detour to develop the Flexible Parameters system that ended that problem and created a lot of other advantages to the type of indicator only system I was developing so that I could continue my work. I will release this for everyone after I have had more beta testing. It works fine for indicator mode now. However, I can use more beta testers who can help with testing other modes since I don't use any other modes myself. PS. I still use the simple built-in parameters for simple programs where I don't have many parameters and don't care if I lose my settings every once in a great while (I back up daily). I rarely see a problem with simple programs resetting parameters after an edit. Best regards, Dennis On Sep 22, 2008, at 10:10 AM, murthysuresh wrote: > i have seen that too. i think the default ema value is 15 or > something. i changed my param values to 9. randomly, it changes back > to 15. currently i went and hard coded this to 9 in my indicator so i > dont have to deal with it anymore. > > --- In [email protected], "awbe2005" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> >> Maybe I wasn't too clear with my explanation. >> Suppose I have a default formula called "RSI". >> I change the default value of RSI from 15 to 14. >> Then in the GUI I change it for that particular pane from 14 to 13. >> After some restarts, it happens that it gets set back to 15. >> Which wasn't set either in the GUI or in the AFL code. >> >> So is this really a normal behavior designed by the author of the >> program and what are the workarounds to this issue beyond leaving, > in >> the case of the RSI, 14 both in the GUI and in the AFL code? >> >> Thanks for your reply. >> Best Regards, >> Davide Pugliese >> >> --- In [email protected], "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@> wrote: >>> >>> It is not random. You have modified the arguments of Param() >> function call. >>> If you modify Param() new values that you just entered must be > applied. >>> This includes resetting to default this particular parameter that >> has been changed by you. >>> >>> Otherwise the system would not be able to track down changes made > in >> the code >>> and you would complain that edits are not applied. >>> >>> Best regards, >>> Tomasz Janeczko >>> amibroker.com >>> ----- Original Message ----- >>> From: "awbe2005" <awbe2005@> >>> To: <[email protected]> >>> Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 3:04 PM >>> Subject: [amibroker] Indicator parameters reset themselves > randomly >>> >>> >>>> Hello, >>>> I haven't found anything like this on the mailing list, I hope > you'll >>>> be able to help me to find out whats wrong with my Amibroker >>>> configuration. >>>> The problem as the title states is that when I change some > parameters >>>> like the periods of the RSI suddenly after some restarts of the >>>> platform they get reset to Amibroker default. >>>> However I have two slightly different problems: one with the > custom >>>> formulas and one with those that come with amibroker. >>>> As for those which come with Amibroker they get reset to > Amibroker >>>> default no matter what I do. They gest reset after some time > even if I >>>> change for example this formula: >>>> "_SECTION_BEGIN("RSI OF SUMMATION INDEX"); >>>> SetChartOptions(0,0,chartGrid30|chartGrid70); >>>> periods = Param( "Periods", 14, 1, 200, 1 ); >>>> Plot( RSI(SummationIndex), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", >>>> colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") ); >>>> _SECTION_END();" >>>> After >>>> >>>> Into this formula: >>>> "_SECTION_BEGIN("RSI OF SUMMATION INDEX"); >>>> SetChartOptions(0,0,chartGrid30|chartGrid70); >>>> periods = Param( "Periods", 15, 1, 200, 1 ); >>>> Plot( RSI(SummationIndex), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", >>>> colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") ); >>>> _SECTION_END();" >>>> >>>> The number 14 is changed into 15 when I look at the pane where > it's >>>> displayed. >>>> >>>> Same problem with moving avarages and that sucks because for > example I >>>> have charts with 6 - 7 moving avarages and changing all the > numbers >>>> when it happens is pretty irritating. >>>> This for some weird reason does not happen with colors. >>>> As for moving avarages I found out that if I rename them into >>>> something not default like "EMA TEN", "EMA ONEHUNDRED" and so > on I >>>> don't get them reset to some Amibroker default numbers. >>>> If I chose as names stuff liek "EMA1" "EMA2" or even "1 > EMA", "2 EMA" >>>> I still get the issue with the number of periods reset to some > number >>>> that I don't even know where Amibroker takes it from, like 27 > for >> example. >>>> >>>> As for custom formulas I have to set into the formula all of the >>>> parameters because if I chose for example "Hidden" as the style > of >>>> some indicator in the graphical user interface and I don't > write it >>>> down in the formula like this: "StyleHidden", it gets lost > somehow >>>> after some restarts. >>>> >>>> Can anybody pls help me to fix this issue which is annoying me > a lot? >>>> >>>> Thank you very much for help. >>>> >>>> >>>> ------------------------------------ >>>> >>>> Please note that this group is for discussion between users > only. >>>> >>>> To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to >>>> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com >>>> >>>> For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check > DEVLOG: >>>> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/ >>>> >>>> For other support material please check also: >>>> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html >>>> Yahoo! Groups Links >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >> > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users only. > > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check DEVLOG: > http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/ > > For other support material please check also: > http://www.amibroker.com/support.html > Yahoo! Groups Links > > >
