Thanks Bill

I have all all the paths to the native MSData folders (all 28 of
them) loaded into the MS plugin (under "Configure") & the database
Folder is pointing to the AB folder C:\Program
Files\Amibroker\MSData but the plugin is not updating the the AB
datbase as I see it which I assume is used as a cache for fast
access. Which does not quite make sense to me as I have the "local
data storage:" disabled - but as the notes suggest it is created and
has to be there the way the program is written and should be updated
from the Metastock folder via the plugin.

The data that is shown on the charts was updated manually using
the "File > Import Metastock Data ..." up to and including 12/2/09.
The Metastock Folder have been updated to 13/2/09 but the plugin is
not pulling that in - so I suspect that its not working for some
reason and just loading the AB database which seems to be static.

Any further suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks
Ed

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "wavemechanic" <timesar...@...>
wrote:

> The startup option is not a factor.  Every time you get Metastock
data either at startup or whenever you change databases you get
whatever is there.  And you don't have to start from scratch, etc.
Just be sure that MDdata is going into a folder and that you have a
specified a Metastock database for AB (2 different things).   You
tell the plug-in where to find MDdata data in the Configure settings
and it puts it into the AB Metastock database that you created where
it stays until it is updated.  If you are using other programs that
use Metastock format then like the plug-in they also pick up MDdata
data from the folder that MDdata uses.  At least that's my
understanding and the way it seems to work for me.

> Bill

Amibroker MS plugin

>   Thanks for your response Bill
>
>   It seems that the only thing I can think of is that I unchecked
>   the "load at startup" box when I created the database folder (ie
>   C:\Program Files\Amibroker\MSData but there no way of checking
or
>   changing that after the initial creation. I assumed that
Amibroker
>   reads the native MS data folders directly rather than create its
own
>   version and therfore any download of EOD MS data from a third
party
>   data vendor would be reflected in AB access - which is not the
case
>   here. (BTW Metastock & other programs do disply uptodate bars)
>
>   One option is to delete the AB MSData database and start again
but I
>   cannot see how that is done from AB
>
>   OR uninstall AB and start again - but that will/may lose the
>   interday data from the Quotetraker as I see it.
>
>   Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>

>   --- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@>
>   wrote:
>   >
>   > I assume that (1) MDdata places data into Metastock folders,
(2)
>   the Metastock plug-in is installed and (3) a new database for
>   Metastock data was created.  If so, then your settings are the
same
>   as mine which works fine.
>   >
>   > Bill
Amibroker
>   MS plugin
>   >
>   >
>   >   Hello all,
>   >
>   >   I am trying to set up Amibroker to access EOD metastock
external
>   >   data using the MS plugin - and get uptodate data when
>   the
>   >   MDdata layout/database. The MS layout does not display the
>   updated
>   >   information. Do I have to import MDdata for every MS
directory
>   >   (containing Master record) at the end of each day?
Yesterdays
>   EOD
>   >   update (ie bar) is not displayed in the charts so it seems
that
>   it
>   >   is not using the external files but the local DB.
>   >
>   >   Using AmiBroker 5.20 Professional edition.
>   >
>   >   Current Configuration:
>   >
>   >   Default load on startup uses local AB Quotetraker data base
(for
>   >   intraday input - that works as required no problem there.
>   >
>   >   Metastock Plugin
>   >   Data base settings are:
>   >   Metastock data Plug-in
>   >   Local data storage: Disable
>   >   Daily bars: 1000 (what ever!)
>   >   Base interval: End-of-Day
>   >
>   >   Configure:
>   >   All paths to Metastock data folders: are loaded
>   >   - retieved symbols (although I originally used Import MD
Data to
>   >   populate the internal AB database during the trial AmiBroker
>   test -
>   >   which did not allow saving a loacal database).
>   >
>   >   My applogies if this is too trivial (and the terminology not
>   >   succinct) - but in my defence, I have searched the KB &
>   amibroker
>   >   Yahoo site, and Howard's books but I am non the wiser (also
only
>   2
>   >   weeks playing with a trial version and become a convert as
of
>   >   yesterday)
>   >
>   >   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>   >
>   >   Still learning,
>   >   Thanks
>   >   Ed
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   ------------------------------------
>   >
>   >   **** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****
>   >   This group is for the discussion between users only.
>   >   This is *NOT* technical support channel.
>   >
>   >   TO GET TECHNICAL SUPPORT send an e-mail directly to
>   >   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>   >
>   >   TO SUBMIT SUGGESTIONS please use FEEDBACK CENTER at
>   >   http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/
>   >   (submissions sent via other channels won't be considered)
>   >
>   >   For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: