Hi Mike,

first of all thank you for your answers! Please find my comments below.

The rest of you answer need more reading and experimenting. ;-)

Radek

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Mike <sfclimb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, Radek Simcik <radek.sim...@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am new to AmiBroker so my questions might have simple answers but I have
> > not found them anywhere ...
> >
> > 1) Can I add text column to the exploration result based on the value either
> > of buy/short. Something like
> > AddTextColumn( WriteIf(Buy, "Buy", "Short"), "Buy/Short", 1.10,
> > colorDefault, colorDefault,100); Writeif doesn't work and it seems to me
> > that I cannot use IIF for text.
>
> From: http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/index.php?s=addtextcolumn
>
> AddColumn( IIf( Buy, Asc("B"), Asc("S")), "Signal", formatChar );

I found that and it is working I wanted to know if I can use whole
word "Buy/Sell". And it seems to me that I cannot. Although I cannot
see why not IIF is for an arrays and writeif for single variable. It
looks like an array element cannot be text, just a number value.

> > 3) Can I have an exploration like: Give me 10 stocks with highest H-O ??? I
> > do not want to make a scan where I calculate H-O, display all stocks and
> > then sort them in the result window. Let's say I want to save the result as
> > a watch list. But I am interested only in 10 of them.
>
> It's possible, but complicated and takes a long time to complete since you
> effectively have to sort at ever symbol iteration. It would be *much* easier
> to run the scan, sort by hand and then just add the top 10 to a watchlist.

I thought I would use this Top10 feature in case I want use just this
Top10 for next exploration/backtesting. So I need to save it as a
watch list and then I can use it. I do know it has a solution, I was
just looking for something that could be automated.