http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_backtest.html
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Radek Simcik
  To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: March 19, 2009 9:58 PM
  Subject: [amibroker] trailing stop & profit

  Hi,

  could anybody explain to me how trailing stop works?  I have below
  setting in my system ( I short on open and exit the same day on
  close):

  ApplyStop(stopTypeTrailing,stopModePercent,4 ,1);
  SetOption ("ActivateStopsImmediately", True);

  in that case it seems to me that stop starts to trail to protect my
  gain only if the gain is more than 4%. I thought that the trade would
  be exited if price fell more than 4% below low.

  What would happen if both happened during the day: the price went up
  more than %4 and low more than 4%. It seems to me that I am going to
  experience gain every time although we cannot say for 100% what
  happened inside the bar.

  Could somebody explain me how ApplyStop(stopTypeTrailing,3,4 ,1);
  work? It gave me just unbelievable results.

  Thank you,

  Radek

  **** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

  SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com