To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
From: juliangoods...@yahoo.com.au
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:59:41 +0000
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Question regarding real-time trading

I might be missing something in your question but if you want to know if a new
bar has arrived, you could just check the value of barindex?

LastBar = LastValue(BarIndex());
prevLastBar = StaticVarGet("prevlastbar");

// Initialise
if (IsNull(prevLastBar)){
prevLastBar = LastBar;
StaticVarSet("prevlastbar", prevLastBar);
}

if (LastBar > prevLastBar){
_TRACE("New Bar");
StaticVarSet("prevlastbar", LastBar);