Alan,

AB Layouts (which is probably what you mean by a chart here) are constructed
from AFL code, which is inserted into the Layout in one of two ways:  Insert,
or Insert Linked.

Layouts constructed with Insert Linked AFL are all pointing to and using the
very same AFL file.  If that file is changed by any operation at all (editing,
drag-drop, ...) then _all_ the Layouts using that file will be impacted by the
change.

OTOH, when Layouts are constructed with Insert, the originating AFL is copied
to the Drag-Drop folder and a number is appended to the file name.  This is
where the Layout then points.  Layouts so constructed are pointing to different
AFL files, and (at least in this respect) changing one will not change the
others.  But, again in this case, if you want to apply a correction to all such
charts, you need to edit each of the files in the Drag-Drop folder individually.

IOW, Layouts are not self-contained.  The AFL which draws them is not "inside"
the Layout, it is "outside".  The implications of this are profound.

- Progster