From: reefbreak_sd <reefbreak...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Downloading yahoo eod data using Amiquote-How to go
about it-please help
To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, October 25, 2009, 12:02 PM

I download data from Yahoo! using AmiQuote - a program available
here:

http://www.amibroke r.com/download. html#amiquote

AQ is a separate program. You supply AQ with a list of tickers you wish to
download along with the time period - for example the last 5 years of data.

AQ processes the data in 2 steps, one is downloading the data and then
converting it into AmiBroker internal format.

Yahoo! has two quote servers one for historical data which downloads one stock
at a time, and a second which downloads just the most recent days OHLCV but
hundreds of stocks at a time. Use the historical server to establish the data
base, then use the Current server to update the database each day. If you
forget to download, go back to the historical server to fill in the gap.