There are several ways of calculating and each is a bit different.  If you want
to duplicate iVolatility why not start with their formulation?

http://www.ivolatility.com/help/2.html#hv
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Potato Soup
  To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: November 13, 2009 10:27 PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Trying to plot historical volatility with AFL

  I'm trying to plot the 30 day historical volatility of the S&P 500, using the
following AFL on a daily chart with around 2 years of end of day prices for the
S&P 500:

  Plot(StDev(Close, 30),"Historical Volatility", colorOrange,styleLine);

  However when I look at the values, they appear to be a bit off to what I see
when I look online here:

http://www.ivolatility.com/options.j?ticker=SPX:CBOE&R=1&period=12&chart=2&vct=

  For today they have 18.99, where as my chart shows 19.348. All my other
values going back further don't match their chart either. Any ideas, are they
calculating it differently than just a simple standard deviation?