From: Gonzaga <gonzag...@yahoo.es>
To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, November 25, 2009 2:25:10 PM
Subject: [amibroker] How do I use ticksize in futures?

Hi
I'm trying to backtest a system in futures, in mini SP500, and have no
experience.
I see that I must use the ticksize in order to tell Amibroker the smaller
movement of the ticker, in this case 0.25 points.
I see that the constant 'tickersize' can obly be used with pre-defined stops or
Applystop, not with a user-programmed stop..
Ok. But when I try a backtest, with the code:

PositionSize = -2; // use 2% of equity
MarginDeposit = 2250; // mini sp
RoundLotSize = 1; // this you can set also in the Settings page
PointValue = 50; //multiply punto SP
TickSize=0.25; //least variation

the system buys SP500 at e.g. 1153.37

I thought that Ami should buy at 1153.25 or 1153.50, isn't it???

Is possible to buy the future miniSP at 1153.37???

Thanks in advance..