Tomasz,

If this indeed should be impossible, I'd like to suggest the following feature
which shouldn't be too complicated to implement, adds a lof of convenience when
optimizing and shouldn't have any disadvantages (i. e. I myself cannot think of
any):

Add an additional button (similar to the existing "Parameters" button) to the
Automatic Analysis window, named "Optimization Parameters" or something along
those lines.

Here, AB could collect all optimization functions found in the backtesting code
(again, similar to the "Parameters" window where all Param... functions are
displayed).

For each optimization function displayed, the user could tick the optimization
"ON" or "OFF" (and change the variables of each optimization function).

This would prevent the need to mess with the code each time the user wants to
change the optimized variable.