Rick,

Most things can be done in 'pure' AFL... i.e. array operations.
However, not everything can be done simply by operating on arrays.

Some array functions allow for recursive operations to be carried out, namely
AMA() and AMA2()...

However, some recursive algorithm's (for example those where the use of
trigonometric functions is required) CANNOT be carried out without a loop...

If I could have written it without the loop I would have... but it wasn't
possible.