Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

On 2010-07-02 22:59, Herman wrote:

Wow, i didn't know that you could do that!

I just tried it and indeed I can connect but instances to DTN without a problem. I had assumed that, just like running AB on two separate computers, it would disconnect one of the two.

I don't understand how this works.. because the IQFeed must be called/accessed twice, once by each AmiBroker instance... It is hard to imagine they share the same plugin. So, two instances of AmiBroker can share and update a DB in real-time?

This raises yet another question: I scan 1800 tickers, would things work better
if I scanned 900 in each of the two AB instances?

Anyone knows?

herman

*>
> Both my instances share one DTN data source... it works very well.
> All happens automatically. Nothing to do on your part. Works very
> well... I see no data lag between the two instances. But I am only
> feeding live about 35 instruments. Nothing more.

> IB I don't know so I can't comment.

> As I say, I share info via a file... it's not perfect and not ideal
> for sure... as I say, I'd like multi-core support for AB which has
> been on the slate for a long time now.

> As these 'non ideal' solutions are fine for backtesting etc - i.e.
> no time dependent (which is what AB has in the past seemed very
> focused on in terms of development), but they are completely useless
> for real time day trading where seconds matter...

> Anyway, just my minor gripe for the day (as I try again to squeeze
> more out of my AFL code in terms of execution time!).

> **** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/