The current symbol during custom backtesting is ~~~Equity.

If you want to make function calls using the symbol of the trade, then you must
either save the result as a static array before entering the custom backtesting
code, else use Foreign or SetForeign/RestorePriceArrays within the custom
backtester code.

Read the following thread, including Tomasz's descriptions of static arrays,
for examples:

Mike