The W7 comments were about applications and nothing about network, but we can't ignore it. Where is the issue ? I don't know, I have no experience under W7.

It's a poor situation as you need a lot of computers to run tests. A home-made computer is also a nest of troubles.

Best regards

Le 01/08/2010 08:23, Edward Pottasch a écrit :

ok thanks. Yes I read that about W7 Home versus the Pro version. If true this is really bad. I ofcourse have the Home version. I always understood that you need the Pro version if you have complicated networks but my little home network works fine with the Home version.
regards, Ed

*From:* danielwardadams <mailto:danielwardad...@yahoo.com>
*Sent:* Saturday, July 31, 2010 4:03 PM
*To:* amibroker@yahoogroups.com <mailto:amibroker@yahoogroups.com>
*Subject:* [amibroker] Re: OT: Windiws Mail

Ed,
I had a very recent version of Java (not more than 5-6 weeks old) but I saw there was a 7/30/2010 version so I downloaded that yesterday. However, I'm reluctant to download the latest version of TWS until IB notifies me my specific problem is fixed. So, bottom line, Java isn't effecting me one way or the other.

Regarding my more general Amibroker hanging, etc. problem, I've sent several crash reports to Amibroker support. Tomasz identified two problems which had probably caused some of my problems: (1) I had a beta version of AB (version 5.30.0) and not the final release version and (2) I had a version of Quotes Plus which he said was incompatible with W7. After fixing these problems (updated both programs), however, I'm still having problems and Tomasz is looking at the data from those runs. At least one of the problems resulted when running with Amiquote data from Yahoo so it's not entirely a data source problem.

Besides Amibroker, other variables in the problem are IO and Windows 7. Since I had run my (weekly) IO job for several years without a problem, I'm thinking of going back to XP Pro if I don't get the issue resolved shortly. I still have XP Pro on an old laptop so think I'll try to verify the latest versions of QP and AB run on it before changing one or both of my other computers back. The laptop isn't a viable long-term solution since it's slow and memory constrained.

Somebody had mentioned compatibility problems (programs hanging, etc) with W7 Basic that aren't problems in W7 Pro. I am running with W7 Ultimate which is presumably one step up from Pro.

Not much useful information for you above other than to let you know I'm still having hanging and crash problems.

Dan