Valuewhen has the same issue with redundant signals as Ref does. I was simply
answering to the question if Sell = L < Ref(L, - BarsSince(Buy)); is correct.
And it is correct.

rgds Ed

From: Mike
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 9:30 AM
To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Exit if L < L of Entry Bar

That is true only when you are certain that there are no redundant signals
between the actual buy and the actual sell. For example,

Buy = Cross(High, 50);
Sell = Cross(50, High);

will not produce redundant signals (since the opposite cross must occur before
a new cross can again occur). However,

Buy = High >= 50;
Sell = 50 > High;

will produce redundant signals (since the price can remain above the threshold
for an extended duration) and using BarsSince will not give you the value at
the time of the original Buy, but rather at the time of the most recent
redundant signal.

Mike