Dear Howard
Many thanks for this revealing info.
May I ask,would you be kind to tell me what kind of periods of lookback is good
for a DJI index or a stock like ORCL?

a)It occured to me that tracking cycles of index in simultaneously with stock
cycles can be a great help.The catch is probably finding a right lookback that
fits the cycles of index and stock.. If on same chart I can track both index
and stock,it can help.

b)Generally speaking, tracking cycles of relative strength ,may help.

Is there a POSSIBILITY TO FIND STOCKS THAT OPPOSE A DJI FALL AND MOVE UP during
such times?
Does optimising help if one can track gap between detrended hi or lo and
dominant cycle hi or lo using a reasonable period of lookback?
For a EOD based swing trading,How can I let Amibroker find a reasonable
lookback period?
And what kind of lookback is better for an hourly or 30 minute timeframe
trading of DJI index?

I request seniors to throw light on these points and if possible provide an afl
code to implement these objectives.
Thanks
regards
rv