Hello valuelive,

Just the actual data should be preferred. Not necessary to pad for dates prior
to the symbol first trading on the exchange.

Moreover, if you wish; AmiBroker can pad/unpad temporarily with reference to
your MASTER SYMBOL (May be a Market Index as per your choice) with previous
close value etc. Go through the manual and use the program, there will be many
pleasant surprises.

Valuelive, having own databases generally requires more than one sttempt at
setting up the things. The time taken and distance with target results keeps on
going down exponentailly with each attempt. I find it really rare to have
someone maintaining own database. Please see if the cost of time and effort
matches the benefit you get out of it. Although some of the benefits/edges may
just be priceless. These days, not many TA programs enable the user to
maintain/use own databases; Amibroker seems to be one of the rare ones that
make many things easier in this area.

Good luck in your efforts.

With regards

Sanjiv Bansal