  From: flyboypa30
  To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 3:49 PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Moving Average

  Dennis,

  Not sure I understand correctly, so I assume that what you are saying is the
following:

  You use the "Centered" MA Plot statement.
  You scroll into the "middle of your data stream" (back a few weeks if using
daily data).
  The display shows the CMA but not all the way to the Right Hand Edge, even
thought there is price data past the RHE.

  If this is the case, look into the QuickAFL settings, or setting bars
required. Sorry, can't remember the setting off the top of my head right now. A
quick search in Help should get you what you need.

  If I am not correct in my assumptions, like they say "A Picture is worth a
Thousand words". That might help us understand what is going on.

  Flyboy

  --- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Lipter" <blackca...@...> wrote:

  > Try the following:
  >
  > x = MA(mp,18);
  >
  > Plot(x,"Centered ", colored, styleline, null, null, -9);
  >
  > This will do the "centering" of the MA in the Plot statement.
  >
  > Yes, the above formula plots a centered MA. When I am viewing the MA on a
chart somewhere in the middle of the chart the first 9 bars are blank. There is
forward data available beyond the visible chart boundaries to calculate the
average to fill in the blank area, but for some reason the forward data is not
used in the calculation. I