>> Hi!
>>
>> About the error message I get when Unable to lookup host.
>> It says: "You probably spelled the name wrong?"
>> This is ofcourse never true as I never enter any host name
>> manually and I'm getting pretty irritated by seeing this
>> every time the network decides to play a trick with me (and
>> AmIRC). I feel it's idiotizing me and I don't like it!
> Eh, it's harder to fix than it is to just ignore. And ppl COULD enter
> the wrong name in the server list. So anyway you cut it it's more work
> than it's worth.
Ok, didn't know that was that much work..
> Add more dnses to your tcp/ip stack instead.
The DNS has never gone down in my 2.5 years with broadband, but the
IP-address is dynamic and need update every hour and sometimes it
changes when updated and AmIRC then gets disconnected and automatically
tries to reconnect but usually fails the first attemt as it takes a
few seconds for Miami to obtain the new IP in such cases. So the error-
message is not beacuse of the DNS but because the network is currently
down for a second or two, and sometimes more..
--
PS.
I'm looking for a BlizzardPPC with a 060! Do you have one or know
someone who wants to sell his/her BPPC to me or trade-sell it and
get my BPPC with 040/25 please contact me ASAP!!
DS.
--
All greetings from Deniil:
- The Amiga Spirit will live forever and ever.. . . .
Business: http://www.onyxsoft.nu/
Personal: http://www.algonet.se/~deniil/