I got on 7290 this morning and called CQ with about 20 watts from an
Icom 746. Lots of QRN came back the first few times.

K4CR, Woody came back with a massive signal from near Punta Gorda, FL

Woody reports that there used to be more daytime activity in Florida on 40m AM,
so perhaps it will be up to the two of us to revive things!

he gets on 40m and 75m at night reporting plenty of contacts, but that he is
usually
the only one from Florida on the air.

Pair of 810 finals running 350 Watts, modulated by a pair of 810s
to 300 feet of co-ax cable. to a 4 element wire beam on Four 50 foot towers,
aimed toward the east coast. Wow! What a nice array!

Of course, he's booming in here at about 25 dB over S9 on a relatively stingy s-
meter, hi hi!

I hope we can get more AM ops on the air in Florida!

Daytime condx on 7 MHz can be very fine out to a few hundred miles.

Anyone else out there able to join the fun?

73 de AF4K
in Central FL

75S1 receiver