> W2OY Lancaster, NY: "No kids, no lids, no school bus riders."   I was all
> three, lived abt 8 miles away.  Tuff time getting my DX-35 heard thru Mike's
> BC-610.

Think I found something but it's certainly not definitive...

===========================
SPACE CADETS _ VERSION 1
CQ CQ CQ - No Lids, No Kids, No Space Cadets -- "Attributed to the late W2OY,
Mike, back in the late 40's on 75 meters when it was a Class "A" only band.
Mike was known around the northeast for this everytime he called CQ."
>From Bob Wilder, W4RHW

SPACE CADETS - VERSION 2
If you didn't hear W2OY, you missed a one-of-a-kind. Actually, he said, "CQ CQ
CQ. No kids, no lids, no school bus riders or space cadets. No kings, no queens,
no jacks. This is the NO PHONETICS station, W2OY." I heard that hams in his town
got so worked up over his antics, that somebody sneaked into his yard one night
and drove a pin through his coax, but I have no way of knowing whether this
story is true. -- From Bill, NG3O

I'm not sure the full text is found, yet...

oh, well...  it was fun to remember.

73 = Best Regards,
-=Jeff/W5OMR=-