Those lamps are quite sensitive to RF fields. One of my neighbors has one of
those wretched things.  When he decides to use it, I just fire up the 100W
rig, and key up a few random carriers in sequence. That sequences his lamp
in varying brightness, and he eventually unplugs the thing in frustration.

All my neighbors run RF trash producing junk.  I have a contant +20dB over 9
roar of buzzies, warbles, farts and raspy hum all over HF.  When ever I key
up a nice carrier, I can hear all these signals shift around and settle back
to their natural frequencies, when I unkey. It's quite amusing.  Sending CW
must cause quite some kind of disruption around my neighborhood.  I can't
wait untill I get my big 1KW big rig online.  maybe that'll just blow up all
that junk, once and for all.

Ed, VA3ES