Mark Foltarz wrote:
<snip>

> I glanced up  to see a young lady transmitting on a
> Geloso (G212) and receiving on an Eddystone 680(?).
>
> The scene cut to an official MI6 style signal room
> wall to wall with Racal RA-17's. Kind of neat.
> Anybody else seen classic gear in the movies?
>
> DE KA4JVY
> Mark

Hello Mark and list -

Yes, we go through this from time to time, it's always interesting to
hear what others come across for finds. If you look closely in
Goldfinger, when Connery is on the table about to be neutered by a
laser, you'll see racks with RA-17s and other associated gear in the
glass room behind him. Someone was keeping a list of these sightings,
can't recall who, though. I think Floyd Soo does so on the Collins
reflector.

My most amusing sighting came recently while watching the old John Wayne
movie 'The War Wagon'. This supposedly takes place in the old west, but
if you look closely when they show the telegraph office (no, not when
Kirk Douglas taps out code on his .44), you'll see that the key is one
of the low-end McElroy teardrop-base keys. I really chuckled when I saw
that!

I'd still like to see the old Hawaii 5-0 episodes where McGarrett (Jack
Lord) uses the KW-1. The Family Channel was digitally remastering(read
editing for less content and more commercials) the original episodes in
the late 90s, but only got about 1/2 way through before Fox bought them
and the project ended. I remember them from years ago, but didn't have
the appreciation for what was on the screen then like I do now.

Old Sci-Fi flicks are the best  for BA gear. Hallicrafters seemed to be
the favorite, or at least, most available and/or affordable?

73 de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ